Grand Rounds is up over at Corpus-Callosum (which is, according to my dictionary, "the largest white matter structure in the mammalian brain." Hmmmm...). The Carnival of Personal Finance is hosted this week by Savvysaver . And the Carnival of the Capitalists may be found at ReThinkIP . Have fun!
I've wondered for a while now about how the life insurance industry is going to handle the inevitable case of a transgendered male requesting (lower) female rates. Or transgendered females asking for (lower) male disability income insurance rates. (And my apologies if I have the nomenclature backwards) As I discussed with a life field rep friend a while back, the life company is likely to decline the case altogether because of the increased suicide risk. Assuming, of course, that the situation is disclosed. If not, well, the misstatement of age/sex clause in life policies would come into play, no? As they say, a can of worms. Which a Canadian national just opened, bigly: " Alberta man changes gender on government IDs for cheaper car insurance ... I just basically asked for it and told them that I identify as a woman, or I'd like to identify as a woman, and he wrote me the letter I wanted ." Now, the gentleman doesn't actually identify as a woman ( NTTAWWT ), he...
Over at Healthy Concerns . This week's host, Elisa Camahort, has organized the posts according to how each one helps laypeople understand the health care delivery system. Nicely done !
Komentar
Posting Komentar